You guys have known me long enough to know that I am all about homemade lasagna noodles, homemade ricotta, homemade sauce, and meat that you have ground yourself, right?
Well this isn’t like that at all, and since we have such a long term relationship I feel comfortable sharing this lasagna that you can make in 20 minutes or so. Yes really.
See, one of the benefits of eating well most of the time is that you can afford to imbibe in a quicky item once in awhile.
This is a dish that hits my table around Christmastime or at the end of the month when deadlines are looming and I am typing in overdrive. It looks a bit like lasagna, especially if you let it stand for 5 minutes to solidify a little. Served too hot the filling will slip every which way… just like real lasagna.
Feel free to add fresh spinach between the layers as well if you like spinach lasagna. Vary the flavor by choosing pasta sauce with mushrooms, peppers or whatever you like.
Almost Instant LasagnaPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 lbs frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 lbs Italian sausage or ground beef, , cooked
- 2 - 24 oz jars pasta sauce, (you will need about 1 1/2)
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella
- Fresh organic spinach leaves, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Boil the ravioli in salted water just until heated thought, about 5 minutes.
- While the ravioli is cooking warm the sauce to almost boiling.
- Meanwhile, spoon 1/4 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 inch lasagna pan.
- Layer 1/2 ravioli over the sauce.
- Spread with cooked meat.
- Pour some sauce over the meat.
- Put a thick layer of spinach over the sauce. (optional)
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the Mozzarella.
- Layer the last of the ravioli over the Mozzarella.
- Spread with sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake until heated through - about 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.