I have found that my kids eat chips and dip as well or better than they eat anything! If I can take food and make it look like a snack it is a win win situation.
I hate to admit this but not only do I NOT like football I don’t like Buffalo Chicken Wings. Too darn much work! I like the flavor but the tenacious nibbling which results in a molecule and a half of chicken doesn’ t thrill me. This dip, however, does. Yep.. all of the flavor, the spice, the yum… but without all of the frustration. SCORE!
I will tell you a secret, too. I used bacon and NOT chicken in it as well and the bacon was fantastic too. It did make it a little salty but it would be great with beer.
I think it would be less salty if you used the Louisiana Hot Sauce rather than Franks. If you love salty food go with the Franks.
I am pretty sure this would be amazing in a sandwich, or rolled into a tortilla, or used as a dip for chicken nuggets. Use your imagination!
Need a great snack for Super Bowl Sunday? Try this. You will like it. I promise.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 boneless chicken breasts or 1/2 lb bacon or a mixture of each
- 1/4 cup onion sauteed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Poach the chicken until it is tender. Shred it and set aside. If you are using bacon fry it until crisp. Drain.
- Saute the onion until transparent. Add the cream cheese, sauce, Ranch, and cheese to the pan.
- Heat, stirring until cheese is melted and ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Spoon into serving dish and top with green onion and bleu cheese.
- Serve warm with chips, celery.carrot sticks, cauliflower, soft tortillas,toasted baguette slices, or even in sandwiches. Yum!
- Keep it warm in the crockpot on low.