I don’t know about you but when it is hot I don’t want to eat heavy foods. Even steaks grilled to perfection lose their appeal when it is 105F outside.
Fruit always seems cooling and refreshing to me. This is an unusual salad but it works. If you want to make it heartier go ahead and add some grilled chicken to it. The mango dressing adds a sweet and tangy flavor that is hard to resist.
Perfect for lunch or a light dinner; just add a muffin, sliced baguette, or other bread to round it out.
- 1 1 lb bag baby spinach or baby herb salad
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 c pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 c chopped red onion
- 1 c dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 c bleu cheese (my friend likes feta)
Arrange spinach on 4 plates. Top evenly with the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle with:
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/3 c lime juice
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
Blend until smooth. Check for sweetness and balance.