I know you know how to grill a steak so this post isn’t so much about that. You are going to need to start with a great steak, your favorite, preferably grass fed, organic and local. You want to grill it to perfection… Just the way you like it.
But…Once you have that you are going to want to put this sauce on top of it because then…THEN you are going to have the most incredible thing you ever put into your mouth… well… maybe. At least in the top ten.
- 1 lb Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Cracked black pepper and Kosher salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Bleu cheese for garnish
- Melt 2 tbs of the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until onion is transparent and mushrooms are tender
- Add the balsamic to the pan and simmer until reduced
- Add the remaining butter a little at a time, stirring gently, until it is incorporated in the sauce
- Spoon over the grilled steak, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and bleu cheese and serve
This will cover about 6-8 servings of steak.
image: Marye Audet