Did you ever have one of those days? Or weeks? Or months? Or years? How about decades?
Yeah. Me too. In fact, in the past several years I have more than my share of them. I have been on a massive mission to treat myself well lately. Vacation, manicure, pedicure, hair cuts and color…new shoes… new clothes…new makeup…
And tonight? To hell with convention.
Chocolate fondue is decadent no matter when you have it but when you pair it with a sweet, citrus Moscato wine and some fruit and have it for dinner… the main course… you might as well give it up..you have become completely depraved. In a good way.
Sometimes you just need to… breakfast in bed, a day shopping or at a spa…something to remind yourself that there is more to life than working and worry. Chocolate fondue…
So simple to make it is ridiculous. You are just going to create a runny ganache and keep it in a crockpot. Add fruit, marshmallows, and whatever else you like (pretzels, caramels, potato chips?) and begin.
Take a skewer and put some fruit on it…take a bite…take a sip of the Moscoto…Repeat until you feel like a 1930′s Hollywood star.
Want to make it better? Take a bath with some LUSH…and while still in your bathrobe eat the fondue….Fluffy pink slippers optional.
You will need :
- Ripe berries
- Orange sections
- Squares of sponge cake
- Whatever else sounds good
- Cut up Snickers bars
For the Fondue
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup liqueur if desired (brandy, cognac, Merlot, Irish Cream, etc.)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Bring heavy cream to just under a boil
- Remove from heat and add chocolate
- Stir until smooth
- Add liqueur, stir well
- Add butter a tablespoon at a time, stirring in well.
- Pour into a small crockpot and keep warm.
- Dip fruit and other items into warm ganache, using forks, skewers, or even fingers.
image: Marye Audet (c) 2010