O.k. y’all. December 8 was National Brownie day and I was not going to let that get by without taking a few minutes to scarf down allow my family the enjoyment of warm, chewy brownies. Right?
I like sticky brownies not cakey ones. They have to be intensely chocolate. They have to cause your tastebuds to jumping around and screaming for milk or coffee. They absolutely have to be worth eating. Seriously! Continue reading
Filed under Uncategorized
Seriously. You know it. I know it. Brownies need to be so chocolaty that they make you sweat. So moist you can carefully cut a slice out of the middle and push the two sides back together to make a whole brownie…and no one is the wiser…
They need to be so amazing that your whole attention is diverted to your mouth and the synapse in your brain is lighting up with neon lights…and exploding with fireworks. So rich that you hear Souza playing Stars and Stripes for ever each time you take a nibble..
Go ahead. Look at the picture. Drool. Food porn that will make the weirdos from THAT site repent and start watching Paula Deen.
The MOST Incredible Chocolate Brownies in the World Ever I Swear
- 3/4 c unsalted butter-melted
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp rose water
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 c cocoa (the darkest you can find…do not substitute baking chocolate)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c chopped nuts, coarsely ground coffee beans, cacao nibs, m and m’s or just omit the additions
- Cream sugar, melted butter until smooth. Add eggs one at a time. beat well. add flavorings.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spread into a greased 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Leave slightly under done.
Image: Marye Audet