Just in time for the Superbowl! Chicken Enchilada Dip is one of those snack foods that you can actually make a meal out of. I served it to the kids one day last week and even Kyrie ate a bunch of it. She never eats a bunch of anything.
Serve this with fresh hot tortilla chips, crackers, or even celery. If you are really brave cut jalapenos in half, seed them, and use them as scoops for the dip. It really does taste like chicken enchiladas… so good. You can serve this dip in hollowed out red bell peppers OR you can add more cream to it and serve it as a soup. It is awesome no matter what you do.
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts or thighs, shredded
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Butter for sauteing
- 1 can Ro*Tel Tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Saute the onions and celery in a little of the butter until tender. Remove from pan.
- Whisk the flour, half and half, remaining butter, cream cheese, and chicken broth together until smooth. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Add the cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the onion and celery. Stir well.
- Garnish with sour cream and cheese, and serve with chips.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.