I told you that this next week was Pumpkin Week at Baking Delights and I meant it. We are going to start off with a Baking Delights Pumpkin Smack Down Challenge.
Is homemade pumpkin puree tastier than the canned kind? And…most important of all…Is it worth the trouble? I am starting the week with 5 sugar pumpkins from my local produce stand. They were on sale for 99 cents each. If you ever wondered if there really was a difference you are not going to want to miss this week on Baking Delights!
Here’s the highlights…
- Need to know the best way to cook the pumpkin flesh?
- How do you make the puree?
- What about the seeds?
- And, did Peter Pumpkin Eater really keep his wife in a pumpkin shell?
Recipes this week will include:
- One Dish Pumpkin Caramel Bread Pudding adapted from Southern Living
- Homemade Pumpkin and Chipotle Pasta with Sage and Walnut Cream
- Pumpkin Tiramisu with Maple Bourbon Drizzle
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Pie
- Thai Style Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Soup
- If my pumpkin holds out there may be more…
And Monday we’ll not only see how to prepare pumpkin BUT we will also compare it to canned. So…a big week…an exciting week…eh…a pumpkin week.
And…you better show up…’cause Chipotle is takin’ names…
illustration:Wikimedia via Gutenberg Project..Illustration 1902…public domain