Coconut Cherry White Chocolate Bars are amazing. The bottom is a layer of shortbread, followed by a gooey sweet layer of coconut, cherry and white chocolate and the thinnest of sugary, crispy crusts forms on top during baking. Pure bliss. Pure richness. Best of all these, like all bar cookies, are super easy and quick.
O.k..so it took me nearly all night but I did some baking. In fact this recipe is out of my cookbook….sort of. I found out something interesting tonight. I can’t even follow my OWN recipes verbatim.
Since I am doing pictures at night the color is a little off, sorry. Someday I will have a nifty light box.
These are a very rich, sweet bar. You ARE going to want coffee or milk or tea… Be sure to let them cook before cutting (I didn’t) and eating (didn’t) because they WILL crumble. If you want thicker coconut cherry white chocolate bars just use a 9 x9 inch pan.
These would be great for a tea, not so great for a lunch box, and do not try to ship them! IF there are any leftover, which is doubtful, wrap them and put them in the fridge.
Coconut Cherry White Chocolate Bars
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix the 1 cup of flour and confectioners sugar. Mix in the butter until the dough is crumbly.
- Press firmly in a buttered 13x 9 inch pan. Layer will be thin.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Mix the 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture, coconut, cherries, and white chocolate chips.
- Pour over the crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm.
- COOL COMPLETELY before cutting.
images Marye Audet