Cumin and dark chocolate truffles?
I know. It sounds so…well…weird. I could not get this flavor combination out of my mind. In my opinion cumin does not add flavor so much as it adds a warm nuance. Would it be too weird with chocolate?
No. It was awesome. The dark chocolate hits you first and then the cumin wraps itself around your mouth, whispering of warm summer days. As the chocolate fades away you are still lost in the spell of the cumin.
Easy to make, you can adjust the cumin to your tastes, it doesn’t take much.
Creamy Cumin and Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate baking bar, broken in 1/4-inch pieces
- 8 oz dark chocolate baking bar broken in 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup Dagoba Xocolatl hot chocolate powder ( you can substitute plain cocoa)
In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate and butter. Stir until completely melted and smooth
Chill, covered, for two hours.
Pour the Xocolatl onto a plate. Using a small melon baller form truffles out of the ganache. Roll in the Xoclotl, until evenly coated. Store in refrigerator, seperated by wax paper for up to two weeks. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
2 1/2 dozen